Why SEM is important
Search Engine Marketing, SEM, is the use of paid strategies to promote your website. This is a cost effective method as search engine marketing campaigns are targeted and you only pay when there are results – Pay per click (PPC). Ads are displayed in response to trigger key words in a prominent position on a search results page. If the searcher clicks on the ad they are sent to the corresponding website. A click on the advertisement will cost a varying amount depending on the ‘bid‘ price for the trigger keywords used.
Why Choose MKTS
MKTS uses natural ways of improving your rankings and acceptable approved methods that will unlikely lead to penalisations as search engine algorithms change down the track. We keep up with current trends to ensure we are using the best strategies for your business. SEM Campaigns we manage for our clients are monitored and refined on a monthly bases to ensure you are getting the best possible ROI and the campaign is optimised for your goal, whether that goal is to increase brand awareness or maximise conversions.
SEM has a testing phase where ads and keywords are refined and tested to maximise the impact of the SEM campaign for the least cost. For this reason we recommend investing for four months and then talking to MKTS about the increased traffic to your website how many more people make a desired interaction, such as contacting a local agent, and making sure you are happy with the return on investment. MKTS do not ‘lock’ you in to a contract you can cease SEM services at any time, though we do encourage you to wait the four month period for SEM efforts to begin to have positive results.
What do we need to get started?
We need the following in order to best put together an SEO and paid search strategy to increase traffic to your site:
- An overview of your marketing objectives/goals – do you want to drive sales? New product enquiries or simply traffic to the site?
- Access to your site administration area – either a login so that we can do it ourselves or access to your webmaster who can change the site structure, code or content)
- Access to your site’s analytics – either Google Analytics or other, but if you don’t have Google Analytics we can help you set this up for a small fee. This allows us to track or progress and also gain valuable insights into your current site traffic and usage.
- A list of your key competitors – let us know who we need to beat and we’ll ensure that we are targeting the relevant keywords and your points of differentiation
- A budget for paid search – we will recommend a budget for a test campaign which you can either accept or we can tailor your spend to meet your requirements and budget.
- Approval of the keyword hit-list – we will recommend the keywords that we think will drive traffic, with your insight and approval we’ll be ready to setup our campaigns and go!
We will provide a template to complete with the above information so that we can get started!